Solgaths Gasbag place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Solgaths Gasbag place

place to discuse just about anything

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 launch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SquallStrife
Subserviant Chicken
Subserviant Chicken

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PS3 launch Empty
PostSubject: PS3 launch   PS3 launch Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 9:38 am

I open the floor for debate... is the PS3 really worth the $999 that cash-whore Sony is asking for it?

Is there anything it can do that Xbox 360 (whose premium pack was $800 at launch, a whole $200 cheaper) or Wii ($400) are lacking which make the Playstation really justify burning a grand hole in your pocket?

Let's take a look at the features:

1. SIXAXIS controller.

Obviously something that Xbox 360 is lacking, but let's compare it to the Wii Remote (or Wiimote). 3-axis orientation detection? Both. Accelerometers (speed sensing) Both. See what you're "pointing" at? Wii only. Nintendo comes thru with the goods, sporting an innovative controller, while Sony added sixaxis at the last moment, and in every one of the launch titles available, lends itself as a gimmick rather than a true input mechanism, as opposed to the Wii launch titles.

2. Final Fantasy. Yep, got me there.

3. High definition gaming.

Xbox 360 and PS3 both offer 1080i HD gaming on capable TV sets. Although Xbox360 offer component cables out of the box, PS3 requires the purchase of cables for your HD interface of choice. Wii does not offer HD.

4. High definition movies.

Xbox 360 has launched the HD-DVD addon, while PS3 ships with a Blu-Ray drive as standard. With the format war still raging, these drives could spell the death of one of the two consoles, although if Blu-Ray does succeed, Microsoft has only to release a Blu-Ray addon. Wii has no movie playback out of the box.

5. Media Centre capability.

Both Xbox 360 and PS3 sport some media capability. Xbox 360 offers two-click connection with any media-centre or media-connect enabled PC on your LAN, where PS3 will only play media off a memory card.

6. Development

Only Xbox 360 offers software development tools to the general public, for free no less... PS3 and Wii are very much closed systems at this point.

I'm sure theres more, please do share!

All 3 are very capable consoles, I encourage healthy debate on the PS3...
Back to top Go down
Solgath
Master Of the Universe
Master Of the Universe
Solgath

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PS3 launch Empty
PostSubject: Playstation all the way   PS3 launch Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 12:41 pm

i overly don't care what Xbox and Wii have, no FF not worth my time, i'll stick with the PS3 anyday, only way i'm gonna get any of the above consoles is for free cause i ain't forking out the cash for something i ain't gonna use.

but i can admit there would be maybe one or two games i'd like to play on the gamecube but apart from the the only game i'm interested in is FF and that PS exclusive NEVER going to any other system, and before u say its only a matter of time your wrong, square enix has said they are never porting there games for the Xbox or the WII.

here's something else the Playstation can do that the Xbox360 and the Wii can't do, hmmm PLAY PS GAMES, i may be wrong, maybe not...

thats my rant i said my piece.

PS3 FOREVER!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=594094037
SquallStrife
Subserviant Chicken
Subserviant Chicken

PS3 launch Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 launch   PS3 launch Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 5:09 pm

The original xbox has a fantastic Playstation 1 emulator...( http://xport.xbox-scene.com/pcsxbox.php ) So it's only a matter of time before the xbox360 homebrew scene pops one out.

So, xbox 1 CAN play PS games Razz and with Wii homebrew around the corner, we'll probably see PS titles on the horizon.

PS2 game however... might have to wait a generation before we can emulate that effectively... I don't even think current PCs can.. properly... So yeah, I guess you need a PS2 or PS3 to play PS2 games. Forget about PS3 games Razz

If "they're never going to port" then why do we have FFXI for xbox 360? And that FF3 game on the DS? Why not release that on the PSP is they're so loyal to the Sony empire?

Also seems some of the components of FFXIII will be available across platforms. And Square has an MMO on the way for Xbox 360.

Time will tell.

BTW, PS3 looks hideous. Like a george foreman grill on steroids.

Give me a good PC over any of these 3 anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
SquallStrife
Subserviant Chicken
Subserviant Chicken

PS3 launch Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 launch   PS3 launch Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 7:37 pm

Linkage on Square-Enix's comments regarding their commitment to Sony:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/26/square-enix-commits-to-no-one-or-is-it-everyone/

It's either a very sly way of saying Sony will have to up the ante for publishing rights, or a sign that Square-Enix are cautious about their alliance with Sony.
Back to top Go down
Solgath
Master Of the Universe
Master Of the Universe
Solgath

PS3 launch Empty
PostSubject: who cares   PS3 launch Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 7:46 pm

as i said before i really don't care, as far as i'm concerned Xbox and Wii suck, i'm staying with Playstation regardless. only reason FFXI is on the Xbox is cause its online, and besides i'll play it on PC any day, Xbox is microsoft and they suck.

PLAYSTATION FOREVER!!!
Back to top Go down
SquallStrife
Subserviant Chicken
Subserviant Chicken

PS3 launch Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 launch   PS3 launch Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 8:29 pm

*sigh*

So from you're saying the other consoles don't suck, you just think Playstation is better... and that's fair enough, but discarding the other consoles because they don't have FF is a bit um, not so good? Since I own all the aforementioned consoles, does that lower your opinion of me?

I thought you grew out of fanboyism...

Sad
Back to top Go down
Solgath
Master Of the Universe
Master Of the Universe
Solgath

PS3 launch Empty
PostSubject: yep and yep   PS3 launch Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 8:35 pm

i love playstation and well good for u that u have all previous consoles doesn't change a thing, i can admit there are good games on other console, just playstations are better and well so far the greatest game in creation is on it. until that changes i stand by what i say. but then even if FF went to Xbox i'd find a way to play it with out touching an Xbox.

oh and when it comes to fanboyisum *cough* World of warcraft is the best *cough* sry bad cough Razz

PLAYSTATION FOREVER
Back to top Go down
SquallStrife
Subserviant Chicken
Subserviant Chicken

PS3 launch Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 launch   PS3 launch Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 8:41 pm

What I meant is... not "HAW HAW i gots all consoles up till now"...but I have the X360 and Wii, which I've compared the PS3 to above... does that lower your opinion of me because I have these consoles that, in your words, are "shit"?

You honestly would forego an FF game because it was on xbox or whatever? And you think my WoW addiction is bad! :-P
Back to top Go down
Solgath
Master Of the Universe
Master Of the Universe
Solgath

PS3 launch Empty
PostSubject: maybe   PS3 launch Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 8:45 pm

lol, its up to what u do with ur cash, i just don't see any pros in owning an Xbox or Wii, most of the games i like are on the Playstation, regardless of price and design i'll stick by them.

PLAYSTATION FOREVER!!!
Back to top Go down
SquallStrife
Subserviant Chicken
Subserviant Chicken

PS3 launch Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 launch   PS3 launch Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 9:14 pm

Solgath wrote:
lol, its up to what u do with ur cash, i just don't see any pros in owning an Xbox or Wii, most of the games i like are on the Playstation, regardless of price and design i'll stick by them.

PLAYSTATION FOREVER!!!

Xbox 1 (not xbox360) pros:

- Emulators (SMS, Genesis, SNES, NES, PSX, MAME, N64, whatever)
- Media Centre (No need for expensive PC in lounge room for watching Xvids/MKVs/OGMs of animes of movies)
- Download games direct to HDD
- Linux
- Halo Razz

Wii

- Wii sports (frantic remote slashing fun!)
- Opera browser (web on TV, the right way!)
- Virtual Arcade (legit way to retro-game!)
- Zelda TP, Red Steel

Xbox 360

- Gears of War
- First High-Definition console
- HD-DVD addon
- Media centre connectivity
- Totally wireless
- Play music from attached mass storage
- Sexy faceplates

PS3

- Final Fantasy XIII
- Blu-Ray drive
- Local media functionality
- SIXAXIS motion-sensing controller
- Continue...
Back to top Go down
Solgath
Master Of the Universe
Master Of the Universe
Solgath

PS3 launch Empty
PostSubject: still nothing   PS3 launch Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 9:24 pm

nope none of those "pros" do it for me it PS or nothing at all, yes i know i'm being a fanboy, gotta be a fanboy of something lol

PLAYSTATION FOREVER!!!
Back to top Go down
Akhantu

Akhantu

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PS3 launch Empty
PostSubject: ps 1,2,3   PS3 launch Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 3:08 pm

hail the playstation 3
i love mine and i was there for the midnite launch in sa Very Happy
Back to top Go down